What should I look for when choosing a chiropractor?
Do I need a referral?
What should I do to prepare for my visit?
Does the chiropractor 'crack' my bones? Does anything break?
How is chiropractic different from physiotherapy/massage?
Can I be hurt?
Why do chiropractors want me to return after I already feel better?
I think I have the same problem as my friend, will it take the same number of visits to fix my problem?
I'm a new patient. How should I prepare for my visit?
What can a chiropractor treat/fix?
I'm pregnant - can I still be treated? Is it safe?
Why is it important to have chiropractic check ups?
Do I need x-rays before I come in?
My friend went to a chiropractor and s/he needed to come back for several visits and still didn't get better. If I don't get better will I need to come forever? What are my options?
How do handle ICBC/WorkSafeBC claims? What info should I bring? What it the procedure?
Does MSP cover chiropractic care?
Does extended health cover chiropractic care?
Yes. We are not aware of any plans that do not cover visits to the chiropractor. Each plan varies in its extent of coverage, you will need to check with your employer to find out the extent of coverage.
If you are a Blue Cross member, we are able to check to see how much they will cover for your visit, and we are able to directly bill that portion, so you do not need to submit a claim yourself. Be sure to bring your Policy and ID number with you to your visit. Please see our Insurance page for details.
We use Telus Health eClaims to submit to several insurance companies including: Great West Life, Manulife, SunLife, Industrial Alliance and Chamber of Commerce Group. If you have extended insurance, ask us to check your coverage for you.
What are your visit fees?
Chiropractic Assessment &Treatment
(you have not been a patient of Dr. McKay previously, or it has been several years since your last visit):
Over 18 years: $80.
Under 18 years: $60.
MSP Subsidized over 18 years: $55.
Under 18 years MSP Subsidized: $25.
(you have been a patient of Dr. McKay, but it has been over a year since your last visit):
Over 18 years: $65.
Under 18 years: $55.
MSP Subsidized over 18 years: $40.
Under 18 years MSP Subsidized: $30.
Chiropractic Subsequent Treatment
(your last visit with Dr. McKay has been within the past year)
Over 18 years: $55.
Under 18 years: $45.
MSP Subsidized over 18 years: $30.
Under 18 years MSP Subsidized: $20.
Online Booking FAQs
MAKING APPOINTMENTS / REGISTRATION
How do I make an appointment online?
1) Chose the clinic you wish to make an appointment for from our Appointment Request page. (Please note that you currently cannot book online appointments for Dr. McKay in White Rock, but you can send a request)
2) You will be prompted to enter your username, email or mobile number to sign in. If you have already registered with this system, use your sign in you registered. If you haven’t created an account, it will prompt you to set a password for the account. Alternatively, you can just use your Twitter, Facebook or Google account to sign in.
3) Once you are signed in, click on “Book an Appointment”
4) You will be prompted to choose a treatment. Book a “Chiropractic Assessment & Treatment” if you have never been a patient of Dr. McKay before, or if it has been over a year since your last appointment. If you have been treated by Dr. McKay within the past year, book a “Chiropractic Subsequent Treatment”. Please do not choose a shorter visit, if it is not applicable to your situation. If you are unsure, please contact us and we can advise on the appropriate visit length.
5) If your desired time is not available, you can click on “Add yourself to the wait list” to be put on a wait list. We will contact you if a space becomes available.
What information is needed to make an online appointment?
You will need to set up an account, which will consist of a login (username), password and email address. To receive text messages, you will also need to provide your cell number.
How do I know what service I need?
Chiropractic Assessment & Treatment: You have not been a patient of Dr. McKay before, or it has been several years since your last visit or you are a returning patient and your last visit was over 1 year ago
Subsequent Chiropractic Treatment: You have had an appointment with Dr. McKay within the past year
If you are ever unsure as to when your last appointment was, feel free to contact us.
Can I make appointments for other clinics?
You can make online appointments for Richmond, Sandspit, Queen Charlotte, Port Clements and Masset clinics. We currently cannot do online appointments for Dr. McKay in the White Rock location, but you can submit an email request. See the Appointment Request page for links.
LOGINS (USERNAMES) / PASSWORDS
Each individual patient must have a unique login (username), but can share a common email with other family members.
What if I forget my username/password?
On the main login page enter your username and click “next”, then click on the “Forgot your name or password” link.
Should you have any problems with this process, please contact our office, and we can assist you.
How do I cancel an appointment?
1) Sign into your account
2) Find the appointment you want to cancel, and click the “Cancel” button