As an alternative to attending our office, we offer telehealth video conferencing visits for those that either cannot or do not need to come in for a physical treatment or an examination.
Telehealth visits are live video conferencing meetings between Dr. McKay and the patient. These video sessions are peer-to-peer, are fully encrypted and data is not stored anywhere.
Telehealth video conferencing appointments are suitable for patients that require:
- Pain Management Advice
- Injury monitoring
- No physical adjustment
Telehealth visits are available to those who meet the following criteria:
- Are physically located in British Columbia
- Have a username/password to access their account in our online booking system.
- Have a laptop with camera and access to a high speed internet connection of 15 Mpbs or higher (you can check your connection here)
- Use the latest of either Chrome or Firefox internet browser, or
- if using an iPad or iPhone, the Jane Online Appointments app is needed to be downloaded/installed to connect.
- It is recommended that earphones be used to ensure audio is clear.
- If you do not have a username/password set up, you can look up your account via your email address or mobile number on our sign-in page, or call us to send you an account set up email
- To best prepare for a telehealth visit, it is recommended that the patient arrive to their appointment a few minutes early to ensure everything is properly set up for appointment time and test their device to ensure everything is compatible
- Notes on joining your online appointment can be found here
- If you are joining your online appointment on an iPad or iPhone, you can find out how to connect here
- If you are experiencing problems with your online appointment, here are a few suggestions for troubleshooting
Because telehealth video conferencing appointments are not physically in person, no treatment is performed, nor can surrogate treatment be provided.
Payment is processed following treatment, so:
- a credit card must be on the patient’s file,
- the patient must call ahead to provide their card number, or
- an e-transfer must be sent for the amount of the visit and will be applied to the visit once services are rendered.
We are able to submit claims to the majority of extended insurance providers. If your insurance plan does not allow us to submit a telehealth claim, we will collect the full amount of the visit from you and issue a receipt for you to submit on your own. It is the patient’s responsibility to check if their plan covers telehealth visits prior to their visit.
Follow-up Visit $45.
New Injury Assess/Reassess Visit $60.
New Patient Assessment $80.
If you feel like a telehealth visit is appropriate for you and you’d like to make an appointment, contact us at our Richmond location to set up an appointment.
Once you have booked an appointment, you will be emailed a link to click on at your appointment time to start your visit, or you can just sign in to your account in Jane and find the link under Upcoming Appointments. Prior to your session, you will be given an informed consent. Once you agree, your session will begin.
As always, should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us or call 604 232-0112.
💻 Click here to access your scheduled Telehealth appointment