As recently announced by the Provincial Health Officer, Phase 2 of BC’s Restart Plan, will begin on May 19, 2020, allowing chiropractors, among other healthcare professionals, to ease previous restrictions on services. This means that healthcare professionals will be able to provide in-person care not only to acute and emergency care patients, but also to others that require non-urgent care as well. Though restrictions have been eased, patients will continue to require screening before arriving to the office and will not be admitted if they are considered a risk to others or themselves in the clinic environment.
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority, and with this in mind, we would like to advise you of some of the risk mitigation measures we are taking to help protect you and the community during this time.
- When booking an appointment, we will be asking patients to identify if they have travelled out of the country within the past 14 days. If a patient has recently returned to Canada, their next appointment will be scheduled for no sooner than 2 weeks after their return date.
- The clinic is following screening protocols as directed by the Public Health and Provincial Health Directives. If a patient thinks they have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or they are experiencing symptoms of the virus (eg. fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing) we are asking that they cancel their appointments immediately. Please be advised that ignoring these guidelines could result in refusal of treatment upon arrival. We will waive any cancellation fees if your appointment is within 24 hours of cancelling. Safety is our priority at this point.
- We have temporarily removed all magazines and other porous/difficult to clean communal items from our waiting areas and treatment rooms to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- To aid in physical distancing between patients and to give us time to clean/sanitize in between patients, we have reduced the number of appointments available each day. During this time, we also ask patients to arrive as close to their appointment time as possible to limit time spent in common spaces. If you are early to your appointment, please do not enter our office until your appointment time. If you are late, please call us at 604 232-0112, and we will reschedule your appointment.
- We are limiting the number of people permitted to occupy the office at time. If you arrive for your appointment, and someone is already in the reception area, please wait in the hallway until the other person has exited. Once you have completed your appointment, please depart as soon as possible.
- Unless physically necessary, please do not attend your appointment with anyone else. The least number of people in the office, the better. Do not put others at risk.
- Treatment areas, including tables, chairs and all common area surfaces, will continue to be sanitized between each patient and we ask that patients utilize the hand sanitizer provided upon arrival in the office.
- Please remember that the best prevention of contamination is physical distancing, frequent hand washing with soap/water or hand sanitizer, not touching your face and protecting others by wearing a mask to limit the spread of airborne droplets.
- Last but certainly not least, if you feel at all unwell or suspect you may have been in contact with someone who might have been contagious, please stay home. You can refer to the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment tool to help determine whether you may need further assessment for COVID-19 testing by a healthcare provider or at a local collection centre.
Please note that we will continue to monitor the situation and we will update our policies as necessary based on directives from the British Columbia health authorities.
If you feel like you need some stretching advice, home exercises, wish to discuss your symptoms, or do not feel comfortable attending an in-person appointment, feel free to make a telehealth video conferencing appointment as an alternative to an in-person treatment.
Your understanding is very much appreciated, and if you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.