In light of the recent escalation of events surrounding COVID-19 both at home and abroad, we want to take a moment to let you know that we are monitoring the situation closely. Chiropractors have been listed, by the Provincial Health Officer, as one of the essential health services to remain open during the COVID-19 crisis, and our Richmond location is open for those who are acute or are in need of urgent care.
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority, and with this in mind, we would like to advise you of some of the risk mitigation measures we are taking to help protect you and the community during this time.
- When booking an appointment, we will be asking patients to identify if they have travelled out of the country within the past 14 days. If a patient has recently returned to Canada, their next appointment will be scheduled for no sooner than 2 weeks after their return date.
- The clinic is following screening protocols as directed by the Public Health and Provincial Health Directives. If a patient thinks they have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or they are experiencing symptoms of the virus (fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing) we are asking that they cancel their appointments immediately. Please be advised that ignoring these guidelines could result in refusal of treatment upon arrival. We will waive any cancellation fees if your appointment is within 24 hours of cancelling. Safety is our priority at this point.
- We have temporarily removed all magazines and other porous/difficult to clean communal items from our waiting areas and treatment rooms to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- To aid in physical distancing between clients and to give us time to clean/sanitize in between patients, we have reduced the number of appointments available each day. During this time, we also ask clients to arrive as close to their appointment time as possible to limit time spent in common spaces. If you are early to your appointment, please do not enter our office until your appointment time. If you are late, please call and we will reschedule your appointment.
- Unless physically necessary, please do not attend your appointment with anyone else. The least number of people in the office, the better. Do not put others at risk.
- Treatment areas, including tables, chairs and all common area surfaces, will continue to be sanitized between each patient and we ask that patients utilize the hand sanitizer provided upon arrival in the office.
- At this time, we are requesting that only patients requiring urgent care (who are not showing any signs of sickness; have not recently returned to Canada in the past 14 days; and/or have not been in proximity to someone that has recently returned to Canada within the past 14 days and have not self-quarantined for 14 days) attend our office. Patients who are scheduled for a check-up or maintenance care are requested to defer their appointment to a later date to reduce risk of the spread of COVID-19.
- Last but certainly not least, if you feel at all unwell or suspect you may have been in contact with someone who might have been contagious, please stay home. Also, if you feel like an appointment is not absolutely necessary, we suggest you defer a visit to our office as a preventative measure. We are happy to reschedule your appointment to promote the health and safety of yourself and others.
Please note that we will continue to monitor the situation and we will update our policies as necessary based on directives from the British Columbia health authorities.
If you feel like you need some stretching advice, home exercises or just wish to discuss your symptoms, feel free to make a telehealth video conferencing appointment.
Your understanding is very much appreciated, and if you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.